Friday, June 1, 2012

you're the peanut to my jelly.


i guess that's what they mean by appreciating what we have :)

hahaha today is a rather slack day, and the only thing that keeps me happy always, is this sport called tennis :) which i just played just now. haha. i kinda like all my friends there, even thou they are all younger than me. hahaha. and the girls there always say i cute, but i doubt it :) hahahaha. then raksha, she told me, 'i want to be like you when i grow up'. then i asked why, then she said, 'because you're cute.' hahahahaha. i think everyone will feel that happy spark inside of you when someone treats you like a role model bcos of something you have. :) haha.


this picture is soooooo cute! and it looks like a kid drew it, which makes it even cuter :") but idk why the link at the bottom so mean!!!

haha. as we are growing old, we always want to be a kid again, cos we all feel that we don't have to care about society, the way we dress. we all want to be carefree like a kid, no heartbreaks, the bouncing castle, enid blyton storybooks. but we haven't realised that being our own age is good enough, like we get to enjoy our freedom, being able to take care of ourselves, we get to hangout with our friends, talking on the fone til late hours.

and most of all, to me, the most important part of growing up is the greater ability to be able to appreciate my parents, being able to earn money and slowly payback what they have given to us, the love they provided us. taking care of us when we were sick, giving us daily allowance, getting angry cos we were doing the wrong things. the story you're gonna read, is the very story that changed my life when i was younger.

MOTHER’S LOVE
A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his Mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:

For cutting the grass: $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00
For going to the store for you: $.50
Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25
Taking out the garbage: $1.00
For getting a good report card: $5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75

Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he’d written on, and this is what she wrote:

For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me:
No Charge
For all the nights that I’ve sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you:
No Charge
For all the trying times, and all the tears that you’ve caused through the years:
No Charge
For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead:
No Charge
For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose:
No Charge
Son, when you add it up, the cost of my love is:
No Charge.

When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight at his mother and said, “Mom, I sure do love you.” And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: “PAID IN FULL”.

You will never know your parents worth till you become a parent
Be a giver not an acquirer, especially with your parents. there is a lot to give, besides money.
BECAUSE MONEY IS THE WORST WAY OF MEASURING HAPPINESS ♥

haha sorry for this, but i just read something so sweet and i actually feel like a reading a book for the rarest time, thanks to a few lines i read in tumblr, 'the perks of being a wallflower' woooo. and this kinda made me melt, :")

“I want you to make sure that the first person you kiss loves you. Okay?”
“Okay.” She was crying harder now. And I was, too, because when I hear something like that I just can’t help it.
“I just want to make sure of that. Okay?”
“Okay.”
And she kissed me. It was the kind of kiss that I could never tell my friends about out loud. It was the kind of kiss that made me know that I was never so happy in my whole life.
- Perks of Being a Wallflower; Stephen Chbosky

No comments:

Post a Comment